San Francisco, CA – Digieffects LLC, a developer of popular software plug-ins for Adobe After Effects, Premiere Pro, and Apple Final Cut Pro, announced today the purchase of Buena Software from Toolfarm, further adding to its arsenal of tools for creative professionals.
The Buena Software plug-ins for Adobe After Effects, Premiere Pro and Apple Final Cut Pro were developed as effective processing tools to pick up on what the prominent software manufacturers overlooked. The plug-ins range from creative image processing and color manipulation to 3D depth effects:
• Au Naturel (SRP $149): work on your footage in a 32-bit per channel floating point linear RGB color space for more natural looking results when compositing, blurring, or correcting your footage
• Depth Cue (SRP $199): adds realistic depth effects to 3D layers
• Swatch Buckler (SRP $49): adds a floating color palette to After Effects' user interface
• Effect Essentials (SRP $249): 10 video effect plug-ins providing essential tools for productivity and creativity
As part of this acquisition, Digieffects will streamline the product line-up and offer new, lower prices effective immediately. The new lineup is as follows:
• Effect Essentials and Au Naturel will be combined into one package called the Buena Effects Pack. The suggested retail price of this new package is $199 (formerly $249 and $149 respectively).
• Depth Cue will remain a standalone plug-in with the same suggested retail price of $99. Depth Cue users can also download, for FREE, OpenEXR, a plug-in developed by Industrial Light & Magic. OpenEXR reads depth and other channels from an EXR into After Effects and Depth Cue and is a valuable tool for Digieffects customers.
• Swatch Buckler is now available as a free download from www.digieffects.com (formerly $49).
“Buena’s tools are a perfect fit for our product line-up. Video editors and FX artists can create even more unique effects," said Robert Sharp, president of Digieffects. Sharp continued, “With this acquisition, Digieffects can expand on the needs and requests of our customers.”
Digieffects has been in the business since the beginning of the “plug-in revolution” which dates back to 1996. Over the years, Digieffects has had great success with software products like CineLook and Delirium and is a staple of FX artists and video editors throughout the world.