NAB Post Plus 2005, New York, New York (Booth 204) - Boris FX, the leading developer of integrated effects technology for video and film production, today announced the availability of a new version of Boris Final Effects Complete AVX (FEC AVX). FEC AVX is a collection of native plug-in filters and transitions that streamline workflow for Avid® editors. More than 100 sophisticated effects animate directly in the Avid Effect Editor window.
“Final Effects Complete is a time-proven collection of visual effects that will increase the production value of any video or film project," said Boris FX founder and president Boris Yamnitsky. "FEC AVX’s organic effects are an ideal companion to our other integrated solutions for Avid users.”
One of the first Adobe After Effects plug-in packages, Version 4.0 now supports all Avid systems running on the AVX 1.0 architecture, including Avid DS systems. Avid® Visual Extensions (AVX™) is a plug-in architecture that dynamically extends the effects supported by Avid systems. Formerly known as ICEfx, these ICE hardware-accelerated effects are now available as a software-only solution.* The initial release is for Windows only. A future release will add Macintosh support.
The simplicity of the filters, combined with the native Avid interface, reduces the learning curve to virtually zero. Most filters feature less than a dozen parameters; only a few simple adjustments are required to create totally unique organic effects. Quickly generate full-featured two-dimensional and three-dimensional animations including ball action, explosions, distortions, jet trails, and hair. FEC AVX also delivers a complete range of unique auto-animating transitions. Ranging from graceful blurs to radical warps, FEC AVX lets you easily create dramatic effects with minimal adjustment.
Version 4.0 highlights include:
- More than 100 easy-to-use organic visual effects.
- The easy-to-use licensing includes Electronic Software Download (ESD) and a 14-day trial version.
- Dozens of auto-animating transition effects streamline workflow.
- Kaleida, Griddler, VideoFragment and Tiler easily create complex switcher-style effects.
- Dual-input effects let you create reflections, flow maps and bump maps.
- Save parameters, including keyframe animation, to an Avid bin to reuse as templates.
- An online help system is integrated into each filter.
* FEC AVX is not compatible with the older ICE versions that ran on the AVX architecture. FEC AVX is available bundled with Boris Continuum Complete AVX (BCC AVX). BCC AVX is a comprehensive suite of native plug-in filters and transitions for Avid systems. More than 170 filters extend the visual effects capabilities of Avid NLEs. BCC AVX offers powerful integration features including built-in motion tracking and the unique PixelChooser, which creates channel or region-based masks. Hundreds of presets and integrated online help provide fast and precise effects creation with a minimal learning curve. With multi-processor and OpenGL acceleration, BCC AVX provides a powerful and complimentary feature set to Avid nonlinear editing systems.
Final Effects Complete AVX will debut at the NAB Post+ Production Show, which takes place November 15-17 at the Javits Convention Center in New York, New York. Users who visit Boris FX at booth 204 are eligible to win a copy of BCC or FEC AVX for Avid Xpress systems. As part of the NAB Post+ Production Show, FEC AVX will be shown at the New York Avid User Group meeting.
Pricing and Availability
Final Effects Complete AVX and Continuum Complete AVX for Avid Xpress DV and Xpress Pro systems are each available through the BorisFX worldwide reseller channel or direct through BorisFX for $795 US SRP or purchase both solutions for $1,295 US SRP. Xpress DV or Xpress Pro users who own Red or BCC AVX, can purchase FEC AVX for $595 US SRP.
Avid Media Composer® Adrenaline™, Symphony™ Nitris®, Meridien and Avid DS users can purchase FEC AVX for $1995 US SRP. Adrenaline, Nitris, Meridien and DS users who own Red or BCC AVX, can purchase FEC AVX for $1595 US SRP. Trial versions of all Boris solutions can be downloaded at www.borisfx.com.
About Boris FX
Founded in 1995 in Boston MA, Boris FX is the leading developer of integrated graphics and effects technology, delivering 3D compositing and vector graphic products for the broadcast, post production, film and multi-media industries. Since the company's inception, Boris products have grown to serve over 200,000 artists worldwide. A great part of its success lies in the ability to tightly integrate and leverage technologies through strong partnerships with industry-leading manufacturers including Adobe®, Apple®, Autodesk®, Avid®, Canopus®, Discreet®, DPS®, in-sync®, Incite®, Leitch®, Matrox®, Media 100®, Pinnacle®, Quantel®, Sony Pictures Digital®, and Ulead®. For details, visit www.borisfx.com.