Grass Valley, CA (February 27, 2006)—AJA Video, a leading manufacturer of professional video interface and conversion solutions, today announced the KONA LSe, a new PCI-Express version of AJA's affordable solution for quality analog and digital SD video capture and playback, the KONA LS. The cost effective KONA LSe is the perfect engine for a professional Final Cut Pro™ editing system. With this announcement, AJA further extends its variety of product options that support the PCIe G5 systems: the award-winning Io, IoLA, and IoLD, as well as KONA LSe, KONA LHe and the company's top-of-the-line KONA 3.
AJA has made a significant investment in the development of its exceptional KONA hardware, and with KONA LSe, the legendary AJA feature set, quality, support and reliability is available to professional editors at an entry-level price point.
"Lowering the barrier for entry in video editing has been a strong mandate at Apple, and AJA has mirrored this model with the flexible options available through our highly regarded KONA line," said Nick Rashby, Director of Sales and Marketing, AJA. "KONA LSe can be configured with an Apple PCI Express G5, RAID storage and display devices and produce the same editing quality as a much higher priced turnkey system."
KONA LSe will ship worldwide on March 20th, 2006, with a list price of $995.00 US. KONA LSe has the same feature set as the KONA LS, but with the new high-performance 4-lane PCI Express (PCIe) bus interface. The KONA LS remains available for non PCI-Express configurations.
KONA LSe Feature List:
• PCI-Express (PCIe) 4-lane compatible
• 12 bit Component or Composite/S-video analog I/O
• 10 bit SDI input, 2 independent SDI outputs
• AES I/O; sample rate conversion on input (2 Ch, XLR)
• Balanced analog audio I/O (2 Ch, XLR)
• 6-Ch SDI embedded audio support
• Broadcast-quality TBC with VHS support
• RS-422 Machine Control
• AJA QuickTime™ Drivers
• Support for Apple Final Cut Pro™
• Support for After Effects, Combustion, Motion, and more
• Supports all popular standard definition formats: 8/10 bit uncompressed, JPEG, DV25/50, and 3:2 pulldown for 24Hz support
• Cables Standard, KL-Box-LH Optional
• 3-year warranty
About AJA Video Systems, Inc.
Since 1993, AJA Video has been a leading manufacturer of high-quality and cost-effective digital video interface, conversion and Desktop solutions supporting the professional broadcast and post- production markets. With headquarters in Grass Valley, California, AJA maintains an extensive sales channel of dealers and systems integrators around the world. For further information, please see www.aja.com.